Book Railway Retiring Room Online
Not many people are aware from this that what is IRCTC Retiring room in Indian railways and how one can book it? Today i am going to explain the process for booking a retiring room online through website http://www.irctctourism.com/ this is only the website to book online.
Railway Retiring Room booking – “For booking a Retiring room you must have a booked ticket and valid PNR Number“ other wise you will not be allowed to book. Retiring room is only for the passengers not for public use like hotels rooms.
Following questions you might have to ask, I will clear everything. If still you have any query you can post in comment box i’ll resolve your query.
What is IRCTC Retiring Room in Railway?
Retiring room is just the rooms available inside railway stations across India. This is the facility/service provided by Indian railways for passenger convenience.
Please follow below mentioned steps:
Go to IRCTC Tourism Website and click on Accommodation–>Railways Retiring Rooms
Enter Your PNR Number and click on button displayed right to it.
If you want to book Retiring room at source station then click on ‘Book on Source‘ otherwise click on ‘Book on destination‘ if you want to book at destination station
Enter the check in/check Out date Bed type and type of room such as AC or Non AC.
If your reservation station does not show then click on either ‘Book on Source Principal’ or ‘Book on destination Principal’ accordingly.
Fill all the details and click on Check Availability. It will show the availability as shown below:
Select the Room no and Slot Duration.
Select the Retiring Room for each passenger and select the ID card type and enter the number.
Click on proceed button and Make the payment. You are done!!!
Take the print out of the receipt and carry it while travelling you need to show this while entering in retiring room.
For How Long you Can Book IRCTC Retiring Room?
You can book retiring rooms only for 24 hour to 48 hours. More then this you are not allowed to keep occupying the room.
What are the Rules if Passenger Cancels the Booked Retiring Room?
- Deduction of 10% on cancellation in advance of 48 hrs of the day of occupation.
- Deduction of 50% on cancellation within a period of less than 48 hrs to the day of occupation.
- Deduction of 100% on cancellation on the day of occupation.
- Passenger wise cancellation is not allowed , only Room wise cancellation is allowed.
- If more than one room/dormitory is booked and cancellation is being done for few room/dormitory then cancellation rule 1, 2 and 3 will be applicable for room/dormitory as per case.
Which Type of Retiring Rooms are Available Till Date?
They are available in Single bed room, Double bed room and Dormitory type with AC and Non AC also. The main difference between all those are only rent.
Below are the images different types of retiring rooms:
Single bed Retiring Room:
Double bed Retiring Room:
Dormitory Retiring Room Image:
For How Many People a Room is ?
Room Accommodation rule are below please must read:
- For single passenger, one Room (single bed) or One Room (double bed) or One Bed in Dormitory can be taken. Dormitory is a common hall where many beds are available to book there is common Let/Bath to use for all people.
- For two passengers, One Room with double bed or Two Bed in Dormitory can be taken up.
- For three passengers, One Room with double bed + One Room with single bed or Three Bed in Dormitory can be taken.
- For four passengers, Two Rooms with Double bed or Four bed in Dormitory can be taken.
- For five passengers, Two Rooms with double bed or Five bed in Dormitory can be taken.
- For Six passengers, Two Rooms with Double Bed or Six bed in Dormitory can be taken.
What About Extension Charges for IRCTC Retiring Room?
If you book room in single transaction for more than 24 hours in slots 12+24,24+12 and 24+24 then second slot as extension of booking of first slot and 25% extra tariff of the second slot is being charged i.e.
How is Service Tax Being Charged?
A service tax of @12.36% of the tariff of the room/bed will be charged to you.
For a Retiring Room – Up to 24 hours Rs. 20 and from 24 hours to 48 hours Rs. 40
For a Dormitory Bed – Up to 24 hours Rs. 10 and from 24 hours to 48 hours Rs. 20
Few Other Questions are Here: FAQ
Que1. Can i book Retiring Room for wait listed ticket?
– No, for waitlisted ticket booking can not be done. Retiring room can be booked only for RAC and Confirmed ticket.
Que2. Can i change name later after booking retiring room?
– No, you can not change name later.
Que3. If i have booked retiring online so can i cancel it at retiring room counter ?
– No, if you have booked retiring room online then you can not cancel it at retiring room counter at railway station. But in case of any technical issue the irctc tourism website is down and unable to cancel it then cancellation is allowed in retiring room counter.
Que4. Can i cancel retiring room after check-in?
– No, Cancellation is allowed only before check-in. After entering inside retiring room you can not cancel it.
Que5. Is id proof required while doing check-in?
– Yes, its mandatory to show id proof while check-in. Without ID proof you are not allowed make an entry in register.
Que6. How many beds can be booked per PNR?
Please note, One booking per PNR is allowed, But if 4 passengers are there in one PNR then 4 beds can be booked.
Have a look at below image for quick View of FAQ:
Still Help Required?
For any assistance with regard to retiring room, please contact “May I Help You Booth” at the stations or Station Manager/Dy. Station Superintendent and for booking and cancellation related issues please contact below:
|Email ID: email@example.com
Phone No: 1800110139 You can call/mail us between 10am to 6pm(Mon-Sat)
You May Also Like:
What is TDR in IRCTC ? How To File TDR ? TDR Full Form
Check IRCTC PNR Status of Your Ticket