What is tdr in irctc, How To File TDR in new IRCTC website Online? Hi, Friends as we discussed a few days back How to Book Train Ticket online & How to cancel Tatkal Ticket Online previously, today we are going to learn something about What is TDR.
TDR is basically for the people who did not travel by train they booked the ticket.
IRCTC TDR Rules | TDR Refund Rules for E-Ticket
As announced by Indian Railway defines few IRCTC TDR rules to file TDR Online if the below condition is met:
- Train is Canceled By Railways
- Train is running Late by More than Three hours And Passenger Not Traveled
- The difference of Fare in case proper coach not attached
- Train AC Failure
- Passenger is Traveled without proper ID proof
- Wrongly charged by TTE
- Party partially traveled
- Passenger Not traveled
In any one of the above case, a passenger is allowed to take benefit of TDR filing facility and getting the decent refund amount of the ticket they booked.
IRCTC TDR Rules For i-Ticket
- Customers are requested to surrender the I-Ticket with the Station Master and obtain a Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) within 30 days from the date of scheduled travel.
- Send your claim for refund to the following address attaching the original copy of the TDR to
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
1st Floor, Internet Ticketing Centre
IRCA Building, State Entry Road
New Delhi 110055.
Note: Online refund request is not allowed for i-ticket
In case of i-ticket The TDR Refund will be processed as per Extant Railway Rules:
- IRCTC will forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to the same account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways.
When Can we File TDR?
E-ticket refund request can be filed only after chart preparation. You will have to wait until final chart is not prepared. Final chart is usually prepares 30 minutes before the train departure time from the source station.
How to File TDR?
The customers are requested to use the online TDR Filing & Status tracking service provided by IRCTC.
- Select the “File TDR” Link in the left panel under the “My Transactions” menu for filing TDR online.
- Now IRCTC will forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to the same account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways.
- In a case of e-ticket, the refund is processed by the Refund Office of the Zonal Railways in whose jurisdiction the destination station of the rain falls.
- Online File TDR option is not available for Agent if ticket booked through Agent the refund request should route through Agent only.
- Whenever Agents received such a request from their customers they are required to send a mail to email@example.com containing following details.
Required Ticket Details to File TDR in IRCTC:
- PNR Number
- Transaction Id
- Train Number
- From/To Station
- Date of Journey
Required Passenger Details to File TDR:
- Passenger Name
- Reason for Filing TDR
IRCTC will forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to the same account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways. For any other clarifications please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to File TDR in new IRCTC Website?
Steps to file the TDR in new IRCTC website
- Go to My Transaction->Booked Ticket history
- Select the ticket for which you want to file TDR
- Click on transaction id there you will get one button to file the TDR
- Click on this File the TDR button.
How to File TDR for Tatkal Ticket?
No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules.
Partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets is allowed but at least one passenger with ID card printed on ERS/VRM should not be canceled. On cancellation of all the passengers whose ID card details is printed on ERS/VRM, all the passengers on that e-ticket will be canceled.
IRCTC Service Charges for I-Ticket –
Service charge levied is not Refundable.
|Sleeper Class/Second Class (SL/2S)||Rs.40/- per ticket plus service Tax|
|Higher Class (1AC,2AC,3AC,CC,3E,FC)||Rs.60/- per ticket plus service Tax|
IRCTC Service Charges for E-Ticket (Service charge levied is not Refundable)
|Sleeper Class/Second Class (SL/2S)||Rs.10/- per ticket plus service Tax|
|Higher Class (1AC,2AC,3AC,CC,3E,FC)||Rs.20/- per ticket plus service Tax|
Refund Rules for Reservation Failed Transaction
If amount getting debited from the customer account and ticket not issued, IRCTC will refund the entire Fare and IRCTC service charges electronically (as the credit to the relevant credit /debit card account used for the transaction), but the bank/card transaction charges are likely to be forfeited.
IRCTC’s payment reconciliation team works on a 24 x 7 basis, IRCTC offers no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the Customers card/bank accounts.
This is on account of the multiplicity of organisations involved in the processing of online transactions, the problems with Internet infrastructure currently available and working days/holidays of financial institutions.
The amount deducted is based on the time of cancellation and the status of your ticket. Detailed explanations are given below:-
For cancellation of confirmed ticket qless than four hours before the scheduled departure of the train and up to the prescribed time limits as mentioned below, after actual departure of the train, the cancellation charges will be 50% of the fare paid by you, subject to flat minimum cancellation charges for each class.
|The Distance of Journey||Time limits for cancellation after the departure of the train.|
|Up to 200 Kms.||3 Hrs.|
|From 201 Km. To 500 Kms.||6 Hrs.|
|Over 500 Kms.||12 Hrs.|
For cancellation of RAC/Waitlisted tickets up to the prescribed time limits, the full refund of fare will be given, after deducting the clerkage charges per passenger.
If Train running Late by More than 3 hours And Passenger Not Travelled:-
In case of train running late by more than three hours & the passenger not performing journey on this account, full refund is permitted subject to the condition that the ticket is surrendered/TDR obtained in case of I-ticket, if is in E-ticket customer should file online/mail to IRCTC within the prescribed time limits.
Incoming search terms:
TDR means How to file TDR online TDR for tatkal tickets TDR filing how to file TDR for refund How to file TDR in new IRCTC website