TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt)
Hi, Friends as we discussed a few days back How to Book Train Ticket online & How to cancel Tatkal Ticket Online previously, today we are going to learn something about What is TDR and How To File TDR in new IRCTC website Online.
TDR Full Form is 'Ticket Deposit Receipt' IRCTC has launched new service to file TDR in IRCTC online. No need to go to the railway station in person and filling of form etc just you need to login into IRCTC website with
TDR is basically for the people who did not travel by train they booked the ticket. There might be plenty of reason a passenger did not travel they all reasons are mentioned below:
TDR Rules For IRCTC e-Ticket
If the customer was not able to perform the journey due to any /or the following reason:
1. Train Canceled By Railways
2. Train running Late by More than Three hours And Passenger Not Traveled
3. The difference of Fare in case proper coach not attached
4. AC Failure
5. Traveled without proper ID proof
6. Wrongly charged by TTE
7. Party partially traveled
8. Passenger Not traveled
In any one of the above case, a passenger is allowed to take benefit of TDR filing facility and getting the decent refund amount of the ticket they booked.
TDR Rules For IRCTC i-Ticket -
- Customers are requested to surrender the I-Ticket with the Station Master and obtain a Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) within 30 days from the date of scheduled travel.
- Send your claim for refund to the following address attaching the original copy of the TDR to
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
1st Floor, Internet Ticketing Centre
IRCA Building, State Entry Road
New Delhi 110055.
Note: Online refund request is not allowed for i-ticket
- The TDR Refund will be processed as per Extant Railway Rules:
- IRCTC will forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to the same account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways.
- Ticket deposit receipt(TDR) Rules in case of E-Ticket:-
- E-ticket refund request (after chart preparation) can be filed online.
- The customers are requested to use the online TDR Filing & Status tracking service provided by IRCTC. Select the “File TDR” Link in the left panel under the “My Transactions” menu for filing TDR online IRCTC will forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to the same account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways. In a case of e-ticket, the refund is processed by the Refund Office of the Zonal Railways in whose jurisdiction the destination station of the rain falls.
- Online File TDR option is not available for Agent. If ticket booked through Agent the refund request should route through Agent only.
- Whenever Agents received such a request from their customers they are required to send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing following details.
How to File TDR for e-ticket?
For filing online TDR, select ‘File Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR)’ from menu ‘Services’.
Step1: For the ticket booked at the old site, select ‘Old Transaction History’ from menu ‘My Transactions’
Step2: Select ‘File TDR’ link in the left panel under the "My Transactions" menu.
Step3: Now enter the Reason of filling the TDR.
Step4: Now Click on File TDR Button.
IRCTC will forward the claim to Concerned Railways to process the refund and money of refund amount will be credited back to the same account through which payment was made after receiving the same from the concerned Railways. For any other clarifications please mail to email@example.com
Steps to file the TDR if the ticket booked at a new IRCTC site:
- Go to My Transaction->Booked Ticket history
- Select the ticket for which you want to file TDR
- Click on transaction id there you will get one button to file the TDR Click on this button.
How to File TDR for Tatkal Ticket?
No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules.
Partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets is allowed but at least one passenger with ID card printed on ERS/VRM should not be canceled. On cancellation of all the passengers whose ID card details is printed on ERS/VRM, all the passengers on that e-ticket will be canceled.
TDR Refund Rules
Ticket Booking/cancellation Hours: 00.30 HRS to 11.30 HRS
|IRCTC Service Charges for I-Ticket (Service charge levied is not Refundable):-|
|IRCTC Service Charges for E-Ticket (Service charge levied is not Refundable):-|
Refund Rules for
Reservation Failed Transaction
|If amount getting debited from the customer account and ticket not issued, IRCTC will refund the entire Fare and IRCTC service charges electronically(as the credit to the relevant credit /debit card account used for the transaction), but the bank/card transaction charges are likely to be forfeited.|
|IRCTC's payment reconciliation team works on a 24 x 7 basis, IRCTC offers no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the Customers card/bank accounts. This is on account of the multiplicity of organisations involved in the processing of online transactions, the problems with Internet infrastructure currently available and working days/holidays of financial institutions.|
|Cancellation before Chart Preparation Time:|
|All refund will be processed as per Extant Railway Rules:|
|Ticket Cancellation Charges:-|
For More Please Read: IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Charges 2016/17
|The amount deducted is based on the time of cancellation and the status of your ticket. Detailed explanations are given below:-|
|For cancellation of confirmed tickets more than one day in advance of the scheduled departure of the train, excluding the date of journey, the minimum cancellation charges based on the class of travel as follows:-|
|For cancellation of confirmed tickets less than 24 hrs and up to four hours before the scheduled departure of the train, the cancellation charges will be 25% of the total fare paid by you, subject to flat minimum cancellation charges for each class.|
|For cancellation of confirmed tickets less than four hours before the scheduled departure of the train and up to the prescribed time limits as mentioned below, after actual departure of the train, the cancellation charges will be 50% of the fare paid by you, subject to flat minimum cancellation charges for each class.|
|For cancellation of RAC/Waitlisted tickets up to the prescribed time limits, the full refund of fare will be given, after deducting the clerkage charges per passenger.|
|If Train running Late by More than 3 hours And Passenger Not Travelled:-|
|Ticket distance Prescribed time (TDR should be filed within)|
|Up to 200 Kms 3 Hrs||201- 500 Kms 6 Hrs||More than 500 Kms 12 Hrs|
Incoming search terms:
File TDR means
How to file a TDR
TDR on tatkal ticket
How to file TDR online
TDR for tatkal tickets
how to file TDR for refund
How to file TDR in new IRCTC website