PNR means Passenger Name Record it is a 10 digit number mentioned at upper left corner of your Indian Railway Ticket. Indian Railways PNR Number is a record of passenger in Computer Reservation System (CRS).
From a technical point, there are five parts of a PNR required to book a ticket:
- Name of the passenger
- Contact details for the travel agent or airline office.
- A ticket number or a ticketing time limit.
- Itinerary of at least one segment, which must be the same for all passengers listed.
- Name of the person who is booking the ticket.
PNR STATUS – Can be of many types as explained below, using this a passenger or anyone can get the current status of the booked ticket.
Have a look at many statuses and their descriptions of a PNR number:
- Confirmed (Coach/Berth number will be available after chart preparation)
- Reservation Against Cancellation
- Waiting List Number
- General Wait List
- Remote Location Wait List
- Pooled Quota Wait List
- Cancelled or Modified Passenger
- RAC Coach Number Berth Number
- Ticket Not Cancelled but Alternative Accommodation Provided
- No More Booking Permitted